Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baseball Goodie Bags and secret to keeping white baseball pants clean!

Hello everyone!  It is a dreary rainy day here in Abilene.  We need the rain so I can't complain too much.  I wanted to share the bags that I made for my son's baseball team - The Texas Tech Red Raiders.  They played their first game last night and won!!  So I thought it would be fun to hand out bags for the first game.  I also had a little goodie for the Mom's too.  A while back another baseball Mom had told me about a laundry soap that is wonderful to keep white baseball pants clean.  It is called Fels-Naptha.  It has been around for 100 years.  It is hard to find, I came across some at our Drug Emporium.  Anyway I wrapped a bar of soap for each Mom, since our boys have white pants this season.  Everyone loved the gifts!  I think we're off to a great season of ball.  Now I have to get started on bags for the girls' softball teams!!!  Have a fantastic day!
These are front and back views of the bags.  The numbers and shadow were cut from the Birthday Bash cart at 5 1/2.
The basball was cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls cart at real size 5 1/2.  I used my gypsy to cut out the players names and backed the ball with a black circle.  The stitching is red stickles.

These are the goodies in the bag... beef jerky, sunflower seeds, bubble gum, and gatorade.  Everything a good ball player needs!
This is what the soap looks like.
I made these little tags for the soap from the Birthday Bash cart.  I printed out the white card and taped it on the tag.   




3 comments:

  1. Super cute Idea. Man I really need to find that soap. All my son's baseball pants have either grass stains or dirt stains. Too much sliding and diving. Love the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great gifts and I am always looking for good soap! I will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me how you got the baseball fed through the handle of the bag? I'm guessing you pulled the handle out. If so, how did you get the handle back in and able to support the weight of bag?

    Rebeckia
    rebeckia73@aol.com

    ReplyDelete