Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge

Robyn over at My Pink Stamper has 2 Design team openings. This post is to show the project I made for her challenge. The requirements are: to use the colors pink, green, brown, and one of your choice and to use a favorite Cricut cart in a sb page, card, etc. I chose to use the "A Child's Year" cart. I love the silhouettes on it. They are so sweet. I made a two page layout of our new love, Darby the shih tzu! I hope Robyn likes it. Nothing would thrill me more to be a part of her team. She is amazing and I have learned so much about paper crafting and my Cricut machine from her blog and videos!
Materials used for this project:
Cricut Expression
Gypsy
Martha Stuart heart punch
A Child's Year Cricut Cart
Sewing machine
AC Specialty Paper
The Paper Studio Paper Princess Pack
Ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Zig glue pen
ATG
Got Flowers? flowers

Recipe:
I used my gypsy to cut the letters and their shadow at 3 inches from the Nursery Rhymes cart font. The child silhouettes and shadows were cut at 3.82. I welded the open hearts together to make the side borders. I cut the pink striped paper down to 11 1/4 X 11 1/4 and stitched it to a solid brown 12X12 paper. The photos were matted on two layers of paper then punched at the bottom with the MS punch. I then added ribbon around the photo and tied 2 smaller pieces to make bows. After I placed all the letters, silhouettes, hearts, and photos on the page I added the flowers/brads with pop dots.


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower!! Love your layout!

    Jillian
    jillianbeancrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout! I think that dog is about the cutest thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute!!! Good luck!!! -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity! Great way to start the year! TFS!

    We are doing a blog hop today for the three Kings day and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by

    ReplyDelete