Monday, January 24, 2011

Post-It Notes Valentine


Hey everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend.  We did.  Yesterday after church we got lots of snacky foods and just laid around and watched football games.  It was a little chilly and overcast here, so we lit the fire too.  It was just a nice, fun day with the family!  During the games I was able to work on a couple of projects.  The one I'll share today is a fantastic little Valentine for teachers or co-workers. I made 10 to give to my kids' teachers and some of the office staff and their school.  They are soooo easy to make and sooo cute!

Here's what you need to start:

- a 3X3 post it note pad
- 3 kinds of ribbon cut at 3 inches each
- red stickles
- Valentine's paper ( I used the K & Company KP Valentine 12X12 pad)
- red or pink hair elastics
- Martha Stuart heart punch
- Simply Charmed cart
- Martha Stuart Scoring Board
- My Pink Stamper stamps - Buggy Punnies
- Gelly Roll pen



Recipe:
Cut your 2 sided Valentine paper at 8 X 3 1/8.  With the inside of the paper facing you, place a score line at 3", 3 3/8", 6 1/2", and 6 7/8 ".  Fold along the score lines.  Use a punch or decorative scissors to trim the longest flap.  Center the post it note pad between the 3 3/8 and 6 1/2 scores.  Fold the paper around the pad so the decorative edge is on the outside.  Using your cut ribbon, tie the pieces onto the elastic band.  Once you have all three pieces of ribbon on the band, you can wrap it around the paper and post it pad.  You can stop there and it's pretty darn cute.  But if you want to add a little more, cut a cricut image out and find a corresponding stamp to make it extra darn cute!!!  I used the love bug image off the Simply Charmed cart and cut him at 1 3/4.  I used red stickles for his cheeks ( I don't like messing with the tee-tiny little circles that cut out for the cheeks!). I added some stitching with my Gelly Roll pen, then I pop dotted him on. Lastly I added  my stamp sentiment which came from My Pink Stamper's set  Buggy Punnies.  And wha-la, a nice treat for someone.  I think I'll get some Valentine pens to put with it!  Have a great day and happy crafting!
 What a cute LOVE BUG!

 Bug Hugs stamp from My Pink Stamper and deorative punch from Martha Stuart



1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete